Monday is Mom's Day

Today's gift was to step aside from the routine.

Analise was invited to a friend's house for a play date, which gave Nicolas and me a morning alone. When I asked Nicolas if he'd like to go get a treat together before we went to the a park to play, he immediately said he wanted to go to McDonald's  to get a "pink drink." After his five-year checkup, Nicolas was so upset I took him to McDonald's for a strawberry-banana smoothie.

Clearly, it made an impression.

So, to McDonald's we went. Nicolas had a Cherry Berry chiller while I enjoyed a vanilla latte.
Nicolas soaring on the swings

Nicolas requested the Sports Complex park for his play time so he could play on the "wobbly  bridge". Watching him climb and run and play without the interruption of tending to another child was pure joy. Every time he said "Mom, watch ME!" I could turn the entirety of my attention to him.

After Nicolas had exhausted the potential of the sports complex, we journeyed to the Grimes Community Center park to finish our day. Nicolas rode the "spring car" to grandma's house, did pullovers on the rings, swung from the bar as Mommy spun him round and round and soared as high as he could on the swings.

We returned home in time for lunch and get ready for school.

In the afternoon I dropped Analise off at the sitter and Nicolas at preschool and returned home for an afternoon giving the house a much-needed cleaning. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, there's not much that will cleanse me inside and out like giving the house a thorough cleaning.

Good day all around.

Comments

Popular Posts