Rest and Renewal

by Vinay Shivakumar at  Creative Commons
Today I am in need.

In need of rest.

Renewal.

I'm going to stop and take a breath because if I don' t I may just railroad through the purpose behind all I am compelled to accomplish.

I was planning to go to church to work today. Analise is at the sitter's for nap time. Nicolas is at preschool. My plate is full yet there is always more I see to do.

But I felt my weary soul cry out for some nourishment. I felt the peace of this house after the kids had been dispersed. And I knew I needed to take a moment to breathe it in.

So instead of a productive afternoon where I complete about half of what I set out to do, I am breathing in the  fresh air from my open windows.

Drinking in the steaming tea resting beside me.

Enjoying the flicker of the gas-flamed fire.

And writing ... that selfish practice that accomplishes nothing on my to-do list yet pry's open my anxious soul and sets it free.

Comments

Popular Posts