Perfect night to blog ...

I am planted in my favorite vantage point in our living room.

Sitting in the chair and ottoman, looking directly at our fireplace (I might add, I have lavishly opened the front windows to let in a cool breeze so I can enjoy enjoy having the fire going!)

It would be my all-time favorite SPOT, but I prefer the recliner (even though I'm the one who insisted on having the chair and ottoman!) Unfortunately, the recline feature dictates that lovely chair be next to the fire place, leaving it completely out of view and spoiling any potential ambiance one might enjoy.

I love fall.

I love the cooler temps.

I love digging out sweatshirts and sweaters, and rosy cheeks, and that crisp, fresh smell.

I love a crackling fire.

I love waking up and wanting to stay cuddled up in the warm, cozy comfort of my bed.

When I transplanted myself to California after college, the thing I missed most (sorry, Mom!) was fall. Sure, the days grew shorter, and dark fell earlier, but it was still warm and inviting outside. It was so counter to my internal rhythms, I found myself saddened by the lack of cold -- the reason to retreat inside as the sun begins to wane.

It is fitting that my inner turmoil begins to subside as the cool breezes of autumn begin rustling leaves and putting a chill in the air.

This is the time of year when I most feel like me.

When I am free to spend time outdoors and drink in the incredible beauty of God's creation.

The time when I absorb it all and prepare for the still, quiet hibernation of winter and the rest and renewal it brings.

Amen.

Comments

  1. You forgot to mention its also football weather. ;) Fall is definitely the best time of year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts