My Blank Wall

There is a wall in our bedroom that was, until recently, undeniably bare.

On the opposite wall hang black and white closeups of my baby boys, nicely framing our bedroom window.

But the room seemed out of balance.

Incomplete.

I have broached this subject with my husband many times. I, insisting the bareness is intolerable ... he insisting another picture would make the room crowded and busy.

Then for Christmas he gave a framed black and white photo of our joyful baby girl. Her eyes are sparkling with delight, and her mouth is wide with laughter. I cannot look without being filled with the sinking, burning sensation of overabundant love.

That picture fills the once empty space.

It is not just any old picture.

This baby girl

God's gift to us.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts