Full to Capacity

"It is just amazing how your love grows with each of your children - you don't run out," a friend once told me in my pre-baby days.

I had never really doubted that a mother would have enough love for each of her children, so I've always been perplexed that people find it so extraordinary that they love child #3 as much as child #1.

What I didn't realize at the time is that it is not that you love the children you have the same and "get" new love for your baby.

What I've come to realize with my three little blessings is that with each successive child your capacity to love somehow grows.

Not only do you have love for your new child, but the love you have for your other children multiplies in turn.

And you realize that the only way to keep your heart from bursting out of your chest is to constantly give that love away.

Comments

Popular Posts